Click acá para ir directamente al contenido

Consular birth registration

What does this service provide?

Registering in the Chilean Consulate the birth of a minor abroad where either parent or grandparent is Chilean born, in order to subsequently be registered in the Civil Registration and Identification Service of Chile.

Where is this service provided?

Chilean Consulates abroad or at the Civil Registration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Teatinos 180, 1st Floor) in cases where the applicant has failed to take this step in the appropriate Consulate

Who may obtain this service?

Chilean citizens born abroad who require processing their birth registration in Chile.

  • At least one parent and/or grandparent be Chilean. The introduction of both parents is required or at least that of the holder of the Chilean nationality or the grandfather/grandmother that gives the nationality or a third party who has the guardianship of the minor to be registered.
  • In the case of legal aged individuals the registration application must be done by the individual concerned.
  • Documents: Original Birth Certificate, issued by the country of origin of the individual concerned.
  • Birth Certificate of mother, father or grandparent demonstrating Chilean kinship. (In the case of grandparents, certificate of the mother, father or grandparent must be submitted). Current ID of applicant.

Birth entry in the Civil Registration and Identification Service of Chile, when born abroad.

  • During the application process the submission of additional documents may be required.
  • The cost of this formality must be requested at the Consulate.
Service provided in person