Lunes, 29 de mayo de 2023 Subsecretaria Gloria de la Fuente encabeza V Ronda de Consultas Políticas entre Chile y Portugal
Este artículo tiene más de 3 años
Declaration on the violation of human rights and the breakdown of democratic order in Venezuela
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
The Governments of Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay and Peru, member countries of the Lima Group, in the face of the profound political, economic, social and humanitarian crisis in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela,
- Condemn the breakdown of the constitutional order and the rule of law in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, reflected in the loss of democratic institutions and the lack of political guarantees and freedoms for all citizens.
- They do not recognize the legitimacy and credibility of the electoral process developed in that country, which ended on May 20, 2018, for not complying with international standards, not having counted on the participation of all Venezuelan political actors and having developed without the necessary guarantees for a free, fair, transparent and democratic process.
- They call for the establishment of a genuine national dialogue in which all Venezuelan political actors participate in order to agree on the holding of a new electoral process that has the democratic guarantees of justice, freedom and transparency.
- Express their deep dismay and alarm at the serious violations of human rights in Venezuela, denounced in the reports and statements of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights and recorded in the recent Report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, which include extrajudicial executions, excessive use of force, arbitrary arrests, torture and ill-treatment, and the lack of access to justice, as well as the erosion of institutional checks and balances and democracy in that country.
- They express their deep concern at recent reports of the mobilization of weapons and combat aircraft by Venezuela to the Colombian border, actions that contradict the spirit of the Proclamation on Latin America as a Zone of Peace approved in 2014 by CELAC.
- We reiterate the urgent appeal to the government of Venezuela to allow the establishment of a humanitarian channel to facilitate the immediate attention required by Venezuelans who continue to cross the border in precarious states of health and malnutrition.
- Recognize the recent resolution of the General Assembly of the Organization of American States which, in view of the serious situation in that country, seeks to support the restoration of democracy in Venezuela within the framework of the Inter-American Democratic Charter.
- Express their willingness to implement, in accordance with their respective legal frameworks and applicable international law, political, economic and financial measures to contribute to the restoration of democratic order in Venezuela.
Domingo, 28 de mayo de 2023 Cientos de personas recorrieron la Cancillería en el Día de los Patrimonios