The purpose of the General Directorate for Foreign Policy is to study, coordinate, implement, control and inform of diplomatic activities of a political nature that are carried out by Chilean Embassies and Missions abroad, according to the appropriate directives.
The General Directorate, as the entity responsible for the coordination and implementation of Chile's international policy, receives political input provided by Embassies and Missions abroad, processes instructions and transmits it to the different areas reporting to the General Directorate.
The General Directorate is also responsible for the managerial control of indicators and commitments of the dependent Directions; the International Meeting Program in Chile; the Program of Specific Activities Abroad (PAEE); the cost control and availability of the dependent Directions, as well as coordination of monthly activities carried out by them.
Further, the General Directorate is responsible for collecting and coordinating background folders and talking points to be used, in High Level Meetings, by the highest authorities of the Foreign Ministry.
The General Directorate is in charge of the consolidated calendar of tours and official and working visits made by H.E. the President of the Republic and the highest officials of the Foreign Ministry, as well as official and working visits to Chile, made by foreign dignitaries, authorities from other countries and senior representatives of international organizations.
In its scope of activities, the General Directorate for Foreign Policy is in close coordination with the offices of the Minister, the Vice-Minister and the other General Directorates of the Foreign Ministry.
The following directorates report directly to the Directorate General for Foreign Policy (DIGEN):
• Direction for South America (DIRAMESUR)
• Direction for North America, Central America and the Caribbean (DIRAMENTORTE)
• Direction for Europe (DIREUROPA)
• Direction for Asia Pacific (DIRAPAC)
• Direction for the Middle East and Africa (DIREMOA)
• Direction for Multilateral Affairs (DIMULTI)
• Direction for Multilateral Regional Integration (DIREM)
• Direction for International and Human Security (DISIN)
• Direction for Environmental and Oceanic Affairs (DIMA)
• Direction for Antarctic (DIRANTARTICA)
• Direction for Energy, Science & Technology and Innovation (DECYTI)
• Direction for National Regional Coordination (DICORE)
• Direction for Parliamentary Affairs (DIRAP)
Ambassador Milenko Skoknic T.
DIRECTOR GENERAL FOR FOREIGN POLICY
CHIEF OF OFFICE OF THE GENERAL DIRECTOR
Counselor Mr. Marcos Correa L.
MULTILATERAL AND THEMATIC AREAS
First Secretary Mr. Sergio Toro M
BILATERAL RELATIONS AND INTERNATIONAL SECURITY
First Secretary Mr. Rodrigo Toledo B.
REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND SPECIFIC AREAS
Third Secretary Ms. María Fernanda Gallardo A.
Teatinos 180, Level 14, Santiago
Phone: (56 - 2) 2827 4200